Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fifth Avenue Birthday

I got a dozen of these made the other night.  And - yes - I still need more feminine birthday cards!  That's ok - they're usually easier to come up with than masculine cards. 




Stamp Sets:  Fifth Avenue Floral, On Your Birthday, Well Scripted (retired)
Card Stock:  crumb cake, basic black, whisper white, urban oasis dsp (retired)
Stamp Pads:  black staz-on, crumb cake, baja breeze
Accessories:  basic black 5/8" satin ribbon, gold studs (non SU), dimensionals
Tools:  nestibilities, big shot

I found this card on the SU! demonstrator website (sorry, I can't link you to it).  I used a current stamp set called Fifth Avenue Floral and a retired set from last spring called Well-Scripted.  The designer paper is Urban Oasis and it is retired.

I know a lot of demonstrators would not share retired products on their blogs and I agree with most of their reasoning.  I really love these products and want to still use them for my personal use (not workshops/classes).  Plus since I send so many cards personally and donate a lot, I can't justify selling off retired items at really low prices. 

So, if I still want to use these products for myself, why share them on my blog?  After all, I am hoping to generate business and you can't order these supplies.  There are a few reasons:  1. Some of you do own these products, and I still want to service your past purchases.  2. I don't want you to think you have to get rid of something just because it retired.  3.  If you don't own these products and like this card, you can substitute items.  This paper could easily be duplicated with card stock and stamps. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails