Thursday, December 9, 2010

Red Bird Christmas

I made a bunch of Christmas cards this week (about 95) of several different designs.  Just in time to get in the mail, too!
I CASEd this card and was so happy to find the retired die on the clearance rack during the blitz in October.

Enjoy!
 

I also tried a new technique on this card.  I brayered ink on the inside of my embossing folder before putting the card stock in it.  I was nervous it would be a mess, but it wasn't.  The ink rinsed out of my folder super easily and the result is a beautiful two-color texture.  For this card, I rolled my brayer in soft suede ink, rolled it on the top side of the embossing folder and embossed sahara sand card stock. - the debossed areas received the ink. 

The Merry Christmas stamp is from the Contempo Christmas stamp set.  The inside sentiment is from Christmas Greetings and the bird and snowflake are from Berry Christmas (retired).

Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Contempo Christmas, Christmas Greetings, Berry Christmas.  Card Stock:  very vanilla, sahara sand, basic black, riding hood red.  Stamp Pads:  sahara sand, soft suede, riding hood red.  Accessories:  black brad, dimensionals, vintage wallpaper embossing folder.  Tools:  brayer, ribbon border punch, birds w/ leaves & flower die, big shot, bird punch, sponge.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails