Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peppermint Ghirardelli Squares

During my hours of exploring and surfing, I have seen holders for Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares.  So, while Christmas shopping, I bought a couple of bags of the peppermint bark.  And when I finally got around to doing something with them, I could only find this one tutorial on SCS.

I had 2 full sheets of the dsp left over from the Candy Cane Christmas Specialty pack and thought it was appropriate since I was using the peppermint bark.





I had a meeting at church last night and passed these out with the agendas.  It became a game as each person came in to see if they could open the box.  All you have to do is untuck the flap (red) from behind the scallop.  Even after I showed that, most people closed it by sticking the flap inside the box instead of tucking it back behind the scallop.  Funny!  Maybe I thought it was easy because I watched the tutorial before I made them.  I certainly wasn't expecting it to be a puzzle, but it was fun and everyone liked them.

Recipe:  Stamp Set:  Tags till Christmas.  Card Stock:  real red, whisper white, blushing bride, Candy Cane Christmas specialty.  Stamp Pad:  real red.  Accessories:  dimensionals.  Tools:  1-3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, paper trimmer (for scoring).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails