Friday, December 31, 2010

Iridescent Ice - Serene Snowflakes

I thought this card was so pretty when I saw it!  And it used Iridescent Ice embossing powder which I had never (successfully) used before.  I wanted a "wow" card to send for Christmas thank yous and decided to give this a try.  It worked!  They are really pretty.  It's always difficult to capture glitter in photos, but I think you can get the idea.  The top panel is solid glitter - but it is heat embossed and doesn't rub off. 
 

To use the Irdescent Ice Embossing powder:
  1. Stamp the panel as desired.
  2. Blot the entire panel with a VersaMark stamp pad.  I tried "rubbing" the pad over the piece of card stock and "blotting" worked better.
  3. Sprinkle Iridescent Ice embossing powder over the panel and pour/tap off excess.
  4. When I did have to handle it, I touched the areas under where I would be placing the ribbon - that way if I rubbed off any versamark or embossing powder, it would later be hidden.
  5. Heat with tool gun until powder is completely melted.  Since I covered the entire panel, there was nowhere to hold without burning my fingers.  So I laid it in a tin pie pan on a thick wash cloth on a stool at my stampin' space.  The pie pan is good because it reflects the heat and speeds up the process. 
  6. When it is finished, there won't be any "powdery" areas.  It will feel a little rough - like fine sand paper.
  7. I made 19 cards and used almost an entire jar of the embossing powder - that surprised me.
Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Serene Snowflakes, Short & Sweet (later switched to Thank You Kindly).  Card Stock:  soft suede, very vanilla.  Stamp Pads:  versamark, soft suede.  Accessories:  very vanilla 5/8" satin ribbon, antique brads, iridescent ice embossing powder, adhesive pearls.  Tools:  eyelet border punch, sticky strip, heat gun.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails