Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 2010 Stamp-A-Stack #2 - Serene Snowflakes

The day I took all of these pictures, I was getting too much natural light bouncing off the white panels which distorted the other colors.  I actually edited them before posting.   The envelope at the end of the post shows the true Crumb Cake color.

I had first seen this card and liked it as a non-traditional Christmas Card.  It's handy to have Christmas/winter themed cards, other than the family Christmas card, to use as note cards during the holidays and winter.
I think rounding opposite corners adds such a fun twist.  Another detail is the embossing on the white panel.  After stamping it, I embossed it with the Northern Flurries embossing folder.  Just the right amount of "interest".

After deciding this would make a great Stamp-A-Stack, I realized that the Bashful Blue satin ribbon is no longer available.  I didn't want to scrap the idea, so I pulled out my new Color Coach and found this new color combination.  I showed both to my workshops, and everyone liked the new version better.


Recipe:  Stamp Set:  Serene Snowflakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Card Stock:  crumb cake, cherry cobbler, whisper white.  Ink:  whisper white craft, crumb cake, cherry cobbler, marina mist.  Accessories:  marina mist 5/8" satin ribbon, northern flurries embossing folder.  Tools:  corner round, word window punch, modern label punch, big shot.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails