Saturday, September 11, 2010

Well-Behaved Women

I liked the colors and design of this card and I think the sentiment is funny.  And, of course, I love the faux-stitching.

Jeff and I went out to dinner the other night and ran into a former neighbor.  He sees her occasionally at work, but it's been a very long time since I had seen her.  She didn't recognize me at first because I "look so different" (not sure how to take that).  My entire family has wonderful memories of living next to this lady and her husband.  She is now quite up there in years (I think 96+) and she is as sharp as a tack.  She plays bridge 4-5 times a week (and wins), she has a great memory and is very witty.  The next day, I mailed this card to her with a little note.  I know she will just love the quote!





I CASEd it from here.  The blog name is shabbyhorse and she does have a great ability to create shabby chic cards.  I also love her photos and reading about her life on a ranch.

Recipe:  Stamp SetsArtistic Etchings, Favorite Thoughts.  Card Stock:  soft suede, bashful blue, whisper white.  Ink:  crumb cake, bashful blue, back staz-on.  Accessories:  whisper white organdy ribbon, pearl, white gel pen.  Tools:  scallop border punch, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails