Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Non-Traditional Halloween Card

As soon as I saw this card in the new Idea Book and Catalog, I just knew it was going to be our Halloween card to mail to family & friends.  I even had to purchase a new stamp set and alphabet dies to make it.  I love the non-traditional colors, and there's no mistaking it for anything other than a Halloween card. 

Anyway, the day I made it, I also made another Halloween card.  It is pretty cool, too.  I asked Jeff his favorite and he chose the other one.  It's funny how many times my plans change before holiday cards actually hit my mailbox.



Apparently the card in the catalog that I CASEd was smaller than standard size.  Once I made the main panel, I thought too much baja breeze showed so I decided to add texture to it.  This was my first time to use the new Spider Web Embossing folder from the new Holiday Mini Catalog. 

Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Wicked Cool, Full Month.  Card Stock:  baja breeze, whisper white, pumpkin pie.  Ink:  crumb cake, baja breeze.  Accessories:  chocolate chip and old olive markers, staple, old olive satin ribbon, spider web embossing folder, timeless type alphabet dies, dimensionals.  Tools:  big shot, stapler.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails