Monday, September 6, 2010

Crushed Curry Birthday Balloons

I hope you're enjoying your Labor Day!  It's been nice having Jeff home from work and Kyle home from college.  I'm missing the rest of the crew, though.  It's so quiet here!

With fall quickly approaching, I thought this would be a good birthday card to have on hand.  Also, I think it would be good to send to guys.

I colored the balloons in with my crushed curry marker, then covered them with crystal effects.  When I make more, I need to remember to securely tape all edges of the whisper white layer to the chocolate chip layer.  The crystal effects curled my paper a little.  To add texture to just one section of the card base, I laid it the wrong direction in the embossing folder before running it through the big shot.

This card was originally shared by Susan Martin on the Stampin' Up! demonstrator website.

Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Dot, Dot, Dot and Crazy for Cupcakes.  Card Stock:  whisper white, chocolate chip, crushed curry.  Ink:  crushed curry, black staz-on.  Accessories:  crushed curry marker, crystal effects, crushed curry 1/2" polka-dot grosgrain ribbon.  Tools:  perfect polka-dots embossing folder, big shot.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails