Saturday, August 7, 2010

Totally-Tess Stamp Jar

I finally did it!!!  I decorated my stamp jar.  A few months ago, my friend came over to play and I showed her the jar that I had bought to store/display my single stamps.  She commented that it was just like the one in the Spring Mini Catalog.  Duh - I'm the demonstrator and I hadn't even noticed. 


It's also funny that she wanted to play with my Tote-ally Tess stamp set that day and it was used in the mini to decorate the jar.  Then I knew what must be done.  It just tooks me a few months to get to it.

I paper-pieced Tess's pants, tote bag and the card in her hand.  That means I stamped them on a separate piece of paper, cut them out and pieced them onto the main image.  I actually put the card in her hand with a dimensional.

I used stamp pads and an aquapainter to color her hair and shirt and markers for her skin and shoes.
.

This is the card that I used for my inspiration.

Recipe:  Stamp Set:  Totally Tess.  Card Stock:  tempting turquoise (retired), sweet pea dsp (retired), chocolate chip, watercolor, pretty in pink.  Ink:  staz-on black, rose red, tempting turquoise, soft suede.  Accessories:  blush blossom & chocolate chip markers, chocolate chip 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, aquapainter, tiny flat-back pearl.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails