Thursday, August 5, 2010

Impressionistic Technique with Watercolor Trio

I've seen the "impressionistic technique" several times but have never tried it until now.  This Watercolor Trio stamp set is only available through then end of this month and I've only used it once.  So I thought today would be a good time to conquer both; trying something new and using this stamp set.  I decided to CASE this card. 

For the "impressionistic technique", you simply wet your paper and stamp on it.  The water helps the ink run (yes, this can be a good thing).  If you look at my 2 cards, you will see that the colors ran better on the Praying for You card; that's because that paper was wetter.  I did find that it works better when using watercolor paper.  I sprayed the paper with a mist bottle; colored my stamp with markers, stamped it, then moved the stamp slightly and stamped a second time (to give that shadow look). 

I like these cards OK, but I certainly don't love them.  At least I tried something new...




Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  En Francais, Thoughts & Prayers, Watercolor Trio.  Card Stock:  rich razzleberry, soft suede, watercolor.  Ink:  rich razzleberry.  Accessories:  water spray bottle, dimensionals.  Tools:  distressing tool, wide oval punch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails