Saturday, August 28, 2010

Anniversary Owls

I was completely out of wedding anniversary cards.  So I stole a minutes last night and CASEd this adorable card.  I can't wait to put a few more together!! 

That new owl punch is so cute and not as difficult to piece as I thought it would be.  I've always been conservative with my designer paper scraps.  Now I have a use for even the smallest scraps - owl bellies - who would've thought?!

The button is a clear itty bitty button.  I used the corresponding punch to cut a piece of daffodil delight cardstock and adhered it to the back; making it look like a yellow button.  I'm not too crazy about "naked" buttons, so I punched holes through the card stock and threaded the button with linen thread.





Recipe:  Stamp Set:  A Word for You.  Card Stock:  whisper white, crumb cake, early espresso, daffodil delight, sweet pea dsp, pretty in pink dsp.  Ink:  early espresso.  Accessories:  early espresso 3/8" taffeta ribbon, glue dots, glue pen, bitty buttons, linen thread.  Tools:  paper piercer, scallop border punch, bitty punch, quick stick.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails