Saturday, August 21, 2010

Flower Fancy - Glad We're Friends

Another flower card so soon!  I just said the other day that I don't use my flower stamps very often and here I am with another flower card.  I just couldn't resist.  I thought this card on Andrea Walford's blog was beautiful, plus I was intrigued with a technique she used.


The green panel is Wild Wasabi card stock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  Then I wiped my Whisper White craft stamp pad over the embossed areas.  Pretty cool, huh?!

I used my "bow-easy" to make a pretty double-loop bow.
I stamped the flower image on Pink Pirouette card stock.  To add more color/shading, I used a q-tip in Pretty in Pink ink.  I stamped it again on Whisper White card stock and colored just the center with a q-tip in Daffodil Delight ink.  I cut the yellow out and added it to the center of the pink.  Then I added the bling.  Whew!  Actually, it was easier and quicker than it sounds.

the inside...


Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Flower Fancy, Best Yet (retired).  Card Stock:  pink pirouette, wild wasabi, early espresso, whisper white.  Ink:  early espresso, whisper white craft, pretty in pink, pink piroutte, daffodil delight.  Accessories:  early espresso 3/8" taffeta ribbon, sticky back rhinestones, elegant lines embossing folder, dimensionals, glue dot.  Tools:  big shot, stamp-a-ma-jig (inside).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails