Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baja Bird Cages

When I first saw the new stamp set, Aviary, in the new catalog, I didn't care much for it.  It was the colors in the sample card that turned me off.  But then I did see it used a few other times in the catalog and I started liking it.  And now the web is flooded with adorable cards made with it.  I now own the stamp set and it is currently one of my favorites.  Yes - this does happen often :0)




I saw this fabulous card by Kristin Moore on splitcoast.  I'm so glad that baja breeze came back and that I saved (hoarded) some of this retired ribbon.

I cut another vanilla top note die on the inside, stamped another bird in cage and used the thank you sentiment from Curvy Verses.  This card is going in today's mail.

Recipe:  Stamp SetsAviary, Fabulous Phrases.  Card Stock:  baja breeze, very vanilla.  Ink:  crumb cake, not quite navy.  Accessories:  baja breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensional, silver brad, pewter jumbo eyelet, lattice weave embossing folder, not quite navy marker, top note die.  Tools:  crop-a-dile, stamp-a-ma-jig, big shot, small heart punch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails