Friday, August 27, 2010

Baby Grandson Card

My friend, Karen, was blessed with a new grandson this past week.  This is the card I made for her.  Nursery Necessities just retired, but it's one of those stamp sets that I'm not ready to let go.

(this is a long post - scroll down)



I changed this sweet baby girl card to blues.

I  had a couple of "experiences" making this card:
1.  It was returned to me for additional postage.  I know this happens to some people a lot - in different postal areas.  It's only the second time it's happened to me - in 14 years.  I use ribbon on a lot of cards, but some sorter must not have liked this knot.  It's funny, because I mailed it the same day I mailed that last baby card I showed - with a satin bow, and it didn't get returned to me (and I know it arrived to its destination).  I can't really say that this card was late... but I do time birthday and anniversary cards.  So I'm thinking of buying additional postage stamps to have on hand when I don't want to chance a card being late.
2.  I think I figured out my punching problem.  For several months, I've been having difficulty lining up my punches to center my stamped images.  Especially the circles and stars.  During the 4th of July card time, I was getting so frustrated - I could not center one of those stars in the punch.  When I was making this card, something told me to hold the stamped image and punch straight out in front of me (as opposed to looking down towards my work counter).  Voila!  Perfectly centered stars (and the apples from yesterday's card).  What's the difference?  I think my no-line bifocals are the culprit.  I haven't always had this problem punching and I haven't always had these glasses either.  Now it seems to be solved.  Oh - life's old age lessons!

Recipe:  Stamp Set:  Nursery Necessities (retired).  Card Stock:  pacific point, baja breeze, whisper white.  Ink:  pacific point, baja breeze.  Accessories:  pacific point striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals.  Punches:  large star, 1-3/8" square. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails