Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 2010 Stamp-A-Stack #4 Wicked Cool

This is the last and the most controversial card we made at my August Stamp-A-Stack.  Those that liked it, really liked it.  And those that didn't like it - well, you get the picture. 

I think everyone could get on board with the color combination.  It was the ruffled ribbon that stirred the pot.  I had seen it done a lot lately and wanted to give it a try.  Since I was learning something new, I figured my guests would want to learn also.  Now I know.  :0)



The card shown in the photos is actually my "prototype".  The ribbon is too uniform.  For the samples that I made later (but before the workshop), I scattered the ruffles in a random pattern and liked it much better!!

The catalog shows these colors with the very fun new stamp set.  I designed the layout. 

Recipe:  Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool.  Card Stock:  rich razzleberry, old olive, basic black, whisper white.  Ink:  rich razzleberry, old olive, basic black, versamark.  Accessories:  dimensionals, old olive 3/8" taffeta ribbon, sticky strip. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails