Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kissing Ice Cream

I had an in-home workshop last night and I was asked to demonstrate the "kissing" technique.  That sounds funny, doesn't it?  Kissing is when you ink 2 separate stamps into 2 different colors and "kiss" the 2 rubber images together.  You need one stamp that is a large solid image and one that is a small print.  I chose to use the Sweet Scoops stamp set that you've seen on my blog so much lately.  This is the first time that I used the patterned stamp in the set - it looks kind of like ripples in the ice cream.  I made a few different samples, but this is the one that everyone got to make at the workshop.



This card has a lot more white space than I normally leave.  However, I really like it - it's very clean and refreshing looking - perfect for summer, don't you think?


If you look at the inside of the card (photo below), you can see the the scoop of ice cream is solid (no kissing done).  The top two photos show the kissed ice cream.  I inked the "scoop" ink in the new Peach Parfait in-color ink.  I inked the "ripple" stamp in Pumpkin Pie, then kissed the two stamps together.  I stamped the scoop onto my cardstock.  Because  both stamps have 2 colors of ink on them, it's important to clean them before re-inking.


I have a difficult time photographing cards that have a lot of white space.  But this card looks more orange, rather than peach.  This was my first time to use the new In-Color stitched poly ribbon.  Love it!

Recipe:  Stamp Set:  Sweet Scoops.  Card Stock:  peach parfait, whisper white.  Ink:  crumb cake, peach parfait, pumpkin pie.  Accessories:  peach parfait ribbon, dimensionals.  Tools:  scallop edge punch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails