Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ice Cream in Bermuda



Ice Cream in Bermuda - I love that title - 2 of my favorites!

A few people recently ordered the Sweet Scoops stamp set from me so I wanted to make a few more cards with it to give them more samples.  I wish I had made them earlier - even though it is terribly hot and humid right now, I feel like summer is slipping away.

Back to the card - isn't it just so cute!  I snuck in 2 retired colors (bermuda bay & creamy caramel) and 1 brand new color (peach parfait).  When I made this card, I liked it so much I made 7 more!  I had no idea why I would need 8 of the same card.  Then today a friend needed 4 last minute, summery, thank you cards.  Can't get much more summery than this!  I quickly changed the little "hello" tag to "thanks much" from the same stamp set and was able to help out.  Now I know why I was compelled to make extras.  ☺

Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Sweet Scoops, Tiny Tags.  Card Stock:  Bermuda Bay, basic black, whisper white.  Ink:  bermuda bay, melon mambo, peach parfait, creamy caramel.  Accessories:  bermuda bay polkd-dot grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, dimensionals.  Tools:  tiny tag punch, 1-3/8" square punch.

The original card was made by Lisa Kmiec and I found it on the SU demonstrators' website.

To see all the cards I've made with the Sweet Scoops stamp set click here or scroll down the right side of my blog and see all stamp sets used.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails