Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kind & Caring Thoughts - Thank You

I'm sorry about being an absentee blogger lately.  We're renovating a bathroom.  Although I am not doing the work myself, it's been distracting to say the least.  One more day of sanding and then I have TONS of cleaning to do!  While this has been going on, I have managed to do some stamping, but the cards are for Mother's Day and an upcoming Stamp-A-Stack - it's too soon to share.

This card really struck me when I first saw it.  I think the unusual color combination was part of it, but I like the shadowing also.  I was also reminded that my Kind & Caring Thoughts hostess stamp set had never been inked up. (I'm not sure if that's a felony or a misdemeanor). 

The card base is Basic Gray which I don't use too often.  It looks kind of brown in the photo, but it's dark gray.  I used Basic Gray and Going Gray inks for the speckling, but I still had to "stamp off" to make it light enough for the shadow images.  Normally I like things straight and neat, but the torn edge looks great!  You can see in the second photo that I decorated the inside and envelope to match the card front.


I made several to include with my orders in April.
Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Kind & Caring Thoughts, Itty Bitty Backgrounds.  Card Stock:  basic gray, old olive, cameo coral, whisper white.  Ink:  going gray, basic gray, basic black, regal rose.  Accessories:  5/8" old olive satin ribbon, old olive marker.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails