Friday, April 9, 2010

Sweet Pea meets Fifth Avenue

I saw this card a couple of days ago here on SCS and loved it!!!  The colors, the images, the layout, ribbon treatment with button ... well everything!  I couldn't wait to make my own.  I'm making samples for 2 upcoming workshops, stamp club and and Stamp-a-Stack, yet I still managed to sneak this project in.  Priorities!

The timing on this card is so good.  The Sweet Pea Designer Paper I used is only available through April 30 and the Stamp Set, Fifth Avenue Floral is on sale through April 30.

Black accents just makes this pop; I don't use it enough.  And stamping directly on designer paper is something I never think to do.  It's a little gutsy because if I mess up the stamping, I can't just flip over the paper.  Well, I can, but the pattern is different.


Recipe:  Stamp Sets:  Fifth Avenue Floral, Bella's Bloom (sentiment).  Card Stock:  kraft, sweet pea dsp.  Ink:  basic black, versamark.  Accessories:  5/8" basic black grosgrain ribbon, kraft corduroy button, linen thread.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails