Monday, March 22, 2010

March 2010 Stamp-A-Stack Card #1 Butterfly

Hello!
I hope you are enjoying this cloudy, drizzly Monday! 

This is the first card we made at my Stamp-A-Stacks this past Friday and Saturday.  I originally saw it  here and really liked it.  What's not to like?  Blue is my favorite color, Well-Scripted is a great font stamp set, lots of texture, plus I love the Sweet Pea dsp and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit!

As you may remember, I usually plan for the first card to be fairly simple - as a "warm up" for everyone.  I love it when I find a card that's easy to make AND has a wow factor!  It helps cut down on the whining if there's a card later that is more difficult or requires hand-cutting or REAL bows or knots to be tied.  ☺

As I was flipping through the Sweet Pea designer paper to get the blue stripes, I found the same pattern in pink.  Oh - decisions!  Instead of 2 of the same card, I decided that everyone would make 1 blue and 1 pink.  I offered options for the sentiments.


Recipe:  Stamp Set:  Well- Scripted.  Card Stock:  bashful blue, pretty in pink, so saffron, whisper white, Sweet Pea designer paper.  Ink:  soft suede.  Accessories:  1/2" old olive satin ribbon, glue dots, perfect polka-dots embossing folder.  Tools:  scallop trim border punch, beautiful wings embosslit, big shot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails