Friday, December 11, 2009

Snowy Window



Oh my - I just love this card! I know it's similar to {this} card I posted a couple of days ago, but it's stepped up a couple of notches. I found this great card {here} at the Lord Have Mercy blog. When I made my own, it turned out even better than I thought it would. I think I captured it in the photos pretty well.
.
The card base is acetate. I actually used 1/2 sheet of a transparency sheet that I bought at an office supply store several years ago. I stamped the snowflakes directly on the acetate with my Whisper White craft stamp pad. The stamp pad is juicey, plus the acetate is slippery. To prevent smearing, you need to stamp carefully and allow plenty of time for drying. It was worth it.
.
On the top panel, I used white embossing powder and heat embossed the snowflakes. It makes them brighter, plus adds a little more texture to the card. I cut the inside and outside panels to the same dimensions and lined them up when adhering to the card base.
.
Have a great day. Stay warm!
.
Recipe: Stamp Set: Season of Friendship. Card Stock: acetate, riding hood red, sahara sand, whisper white. Ink: riding hood red, chocolate chip, whisper white craft. Accessories: riding hood red 1/2" striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals.


Stampin' Up!s 12 Days of Holiday Sales starts today, December 11 and runs through December 22. Why fight the cold and crowds? Shop {here} at my online store. Please order by December 15 for Christmas delivery. The sale includes many dies for your Big Shot plus more. It's a great time to stock on supplies for winter projects. I know I plan to do a lot of paper crafting during the long, cold winter months. How about you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails