Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cheep Talk for Fall

Happy Weekend!
.
I am so excited for this weekend! This morning's Stamp-A-Stack will be lightly attended, but I will be stamping with one of my daughters and a good friend. Then Jeff gets off work at noon - for the rest of the weekend. And tomorrow we're having an outdoor service and lunch at church. Stamping, family, friends, great worship ... Does it get any better?
.
I just love this card! I've used my Cheep Talk stamp set for a lot of cards, but never thought to take it so "fallish" before. To see my other posts with this set, click here. You might recognize the layout of this card from the Dasher card I posted a few days ago.
.
The inking of the stamps looks trickier than it really is. I was told that if you ink a stamp in a stamp pad, you can go over it with a darker marker. I'm really funny about my things staying nice and clean, so this was a stretch for me. I finally got up the nerve to give it a try and am glad I did. I inked up the branch/leaves stamp in my Pumpkin Pie stamp pad, then colored over the branch part with my chocolate chip marker. It worked! There's no pumpkin showing through on my chocolate marker (I scribbled to be sure). And the stamped image seems bolder than when done with just marker. I did the same thing with the birds feet. I stamped the entire image in ruby red and colored the feet with my chocolate chip marker. But I wanted the beak to be pumpkin (which is not darker than ruby red), so I wiped off the ruby red ink with my finger and colored it with my pumpkin pie marker. Easy and again - looks great. I guess I'm not too old to learn new tricks after all.
.
Enjoy your weekend!
Tawnya

Recipe: Stamp Set: Cheep Talk. Card Stock: chocolate chip, ruby red, pumpkin pie, whisper white, good morning sunshine dsp. Stamp Pads: ruby red, pumpkin pie. Markers: chocolate chip, pumpkin pie. Accessories: chocolate chip and pumpkin pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals. Punch: scallop edge.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails