Friday, July 31, 2009

Quilted Thinking of You






Hi!
.
I have seen several quilted top-note cards and finally tried it myself. As expected, it's easy. But I was surprised at how fast they were to make. I made 6 in less than an hour (that includes getting stuff out and cleaning up, too). Definitely fun to make! Just about any designer paper pack would work. It's great that each pack has 12 different patterns that all coordinate with each other and with Stampin' Up! card stock.
.
To make this card, I cut (12) 1-1/4" squares and adhered them to a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of scrap card stock. I ran that patch work piece through the Big Shot with my Top Note Die. Once it was cut out, I wanted to give it a quilted texture, so I ran it back through the Big Shot; this time using the argyle cuttlebug embossing folder. I wish you could see and feel it in person - much better than the photo. Thinking ahead to true quilt season, wouldn't this card be cute with Christmas papers?!
.
Click {here} to see other quilt cards.
.
Have a great day.
Tawnya

Recipe: Stamp Set: Trendy Trees (sentiment). Card Stock: so saffron, certainly celery, whisper white. Ink: bashful blue. Accessories: so saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, white embroidery floss. Tools: 1/16" hole punch, word window punch, big shot, top note die, cuttlebug argyle embossing folder.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails