Sunday, June 28, 2009

Girly Birthday Candles

Is anyone melting yet? I can remember people saying that they like living in the midwest because we have 4 seasons. What happed with that? Now it seems like we go back and forth between summer and winter. Jeff had 1/2 day off work yesterday. We had a few things to do, but we did manage to sneak in some time to float in the pool. So relaxing! Normally, if I swim in the day, I crash in the evening. Last night I forced myself to stamp. I'm so glad I did - once I made it to my stamp area, I had so much fun!
.
I finally made 2 cards using the retiring stamp set "Big Birthday Candle". Remember, I like birthday cards to be festive (not just any card with a birthday sentiment stamped on it). These candles are great! I don't think the photo shows the top pink layer and orange candle are raised up, the saffron scallops are pierced and there's glitter around the edges of the flames.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Big Birthday Candle
Card Stock: whisper white, pink pirouette, so saffron, pumpkin pie
Ink: basic gray, kiwi kiss, pumpkin pie
Accessories: so saffron marker, diamond stickles (non SU), kiwi kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, glue dot
Tools: paper piercer, scallop edge punch, stamp-a-ma-jig

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Tawnya

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails