Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Stampin' Area

A couple of weeks ago, I told you that I got a new cabinet/bookshelf for my playroom and I promised to show you when I had it all set up. Well, I'm done ...






Six years ago, we refinished our basement and I claimed this wall. I sat down with graph paper and cabinet brochures from Lowe's. I planned out how to get the most cabinet space with 2 work stations and a precut 10" counter. This is what I came up with and it has worked out great. The cabinets hold all of my stamp sets, tools, embellishments, card stash, 12x12 paper, dies, ribbon, photos, etc. Everything inside is pretty organized. We used to have an air hockey table where the table is now. A friend's son took it off of our hands a couple of months ago and it made a big difference. I only keep my scor-pal and cutter on it. No reason to put those things away. I can add another table for classes.










Card stock storage was what really got me wanting to make some improvements. Although I previously stored it in hanging file folders, it wasn't working out. I had a plastic 2-drawer file cabinet hidden in one of the pantry cabinets. The cardstock was too heavy for plastic drawers; they drooped when I pulled them out too far and I still couldn't reach the back folders. I wanted a heavy duty cabinet that also looked decent. I found one at IKEA. It's super! The drawers are heavy and slide so smoothly. They pull out far enough to reach everything without scraping my knuckles. I have 2 color family groups in each of the top 2 drawers and nuetrals and specialties in the bottom. I bought the file tabs on ebay. Each one is made from the card stock that's stored in that cabinet.

Wow - these photos take so long to download. And I think I can hear stamps calling my name. I'll be back tomorrow to show you the rest of my new goodies.
Thanks for stopping by.
Tawnya

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails