Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's in the Stars

Besides the green grass and occasional sunshine, another way to tell it's Spring is that my parents are back. The snowbirds have migrated north. Friday, my mom and I stamped and went to Hobby Lobby & Michael's. We also squeezed in a 4 generation pizza lunch. You could say we're making up for lost time. I'm glad she's home!

About 13 years ago, I hosted my first Stampin' Up! workshop. I held it in a classroom at church. My mom went along, but she said, "I'm just coming to help you out (with refreshments, etc.). I'm not getting into this!". Well, her collection now rivals or exceeds mine. We will spend much of the summer getting card projects ready for her Florida buddies to work on next winter. This craft can be addicting!

Enough of my babbling? Isn't this card fun? We made 16 of them Friday. I've mentioned that manly cards aren't always easy - but this one works. Changing the stamps, would also make it a good congratulations card.

We made a little tab to hold this card closed. It was fun techinique and an excuse to use the crop-a-dile. The picture of the full card front is at an angle, so the tab didn't show.

I hope your day is sunny, too!
Tawnya

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Starring You, A Little Birthday Cheer
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Whisper White, More Mustard, East Coast Prep DSP
Ink: Black Staz-On
Accessories: dimensionals, star eyelets (Michael's)
Tools: large star punch, small star punch, slit punch, sizzix star die, Big Shot, Crop-a-Dile

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails