Monday, April 20, 2009

Wrapping Up the Thank Yous

Here are the last 2 thank you card samples I made up last week. That's a total of 8. What's your favorite?
I love this first card. I think it may be my favorite. The white open space is clean without being stark. It's a very simple design. Keeping the paper pierced "box" straight was a bit of a challenge, so I'm kind of glad it wasn't Erica's first choice.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Thank You Kindly
Cardstock: baja breeze, pink pirouette, kiwi kiss, whisper white
Ink: baja breeze
Accessories: silver brads, dimensionals, baja breeze striped grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Mat Pack and paper piercer, 3 flower punch

And the winner is ...

I saw a card like this on a display board at Archiver's. I wanted to copy it with my Stampin' Up! supplies, so I took a picture with my cell phone. A wonder in itself. I remembered to save the picture. Then a week later, I was actually able to retrieve the picture from my phone. 3 wonders! The white dots are done by hand with my white gel pen.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Thank You Kindly
Cardstock: kiwi kiss, baja breeze, rose red, pumpkin pie
Ink: basic gray
Accessories: white gel pen, sticky gems (Hobby Lobby, Michael's or Archiver's), dimensionals
Tool: 1-1/4" circle punch

Have a happy Monday!
Tawnya

3 comments:

Karen said...

Tawnya, thanks for sharing. Your blog is great. I think I have to vote for the first one with the pierced box. Could you use a template to line up the box? I am looking forward to future posts. You are amazing!
Karen

Tawnya Bonnell said...

Hi Karen. I did use a template - but on my first card, I hadn't centered it on the card front straight. It just requires a little focus. I made sure I made the template the right size that the holes would come out even on all sides. Tip: use removable adhesive to hold the template and do not answer the phone while piercing :0). Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments!
Tawnya

Erica said...

My thank you cards are almost too pretty to write on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails